|Sport/Face Climbing Step 7
You'll learn sport climbing techniques (bolt protected face climbing routes) including movement skills, resting effectively while clipping protection bolts correctly, belaying a leader effectively, using belay commands in the sport climbing genre and lowering safely.
Skills covered will include:
- Hand and foot hold position transfer
- Transferring body position while moving through
- Dynamic movement
- Creating momentum to move through
- Utilizing the "dead point"
- Strategies for "onsight flash", "red pointing" and "working" a sport route
- Stick clipping the first bolt
- Clipping bolts and quick draws correctly
- Lowering and cleaning top anchors
- Cleaning a route from the top anchor and tramming
June 22, 2019 (Sat) |
Aug 3, 2019 (Sat)
Sept 7, 2019 (Sat)
- Belaying a lead climber
- Climbing 5.8 or greater on a top-rope
Questions about this workshop?