|Learn to Follow Multi-Pitch Step 3
This class is where we all leave the ground. You will learn to belay the leader, remove their protection, arrive at the belay stance and anchor safely to belay the next pitch. You will also practice a multi-pitch retrievable rappel.
Climbs are 2, 3 and 4 pitch in length, keeping you comfortably within your ability practicing the flow of pitch-to-pitch rock climbing.
Skills covered will include:
Climbing difficulties 3 or more pitch routes 5.5 - 5.9 depending on climber's comfort level
- Belaying the leader and arresting a fall
- Removing leader protection including wedge-shaped nuts and mechanical camming devices
- Arriving at belay stances and self anchoring with the climbing rope
- Transitioning to belay the leader's next pitch
- Descending techniques including retrievable multi-pitch rappelling with safety backups
2 person maximum
June 8, 2016 (Sat)
July 3, 2016 (Sat)
July 24, 2016 (Sun)
Aug 13, 2016 (Sun)
Sept 10, 2016 (Sat)
Sept 24, 2016 (Sat)
- Harness tie-in with figure eight knot
- Basic belaying - holding a fall, lowering with a standard belay device
- Climbing 5.6 on a top-rope
- Basic rappel (optional)
Questions about this course?