|Intro to Backcountry Skiing 1 Day
Alpine Touring, Spiltboard or Telemark
We love to ski the backcountry! This is the ASI workhorse course to get you away from the lifts and into the backcountry. This one-day seminar is perfect for alpine skiers who want to learn to use convertible touring bindings or telemark skiers ready to ski the backcountry.
You'll learn about the most appropriate gear, good tricks and techniques with your climbing skins for the uphills and strategies to find the best snow on the downhills. We'll enjoy some great skiing on the descents.
Skills covered will include:
- Appropriate clothing and accessories
- Touring equipment options
- How to interpret the avalanche bulletin
- Intro to avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel
- Uphill touring techniques with climbing skins
- Step-around turns and kick turns
- Avalanche hazard recognition and avoidance
- Downhill group travel techniques
- Lots of good backcountry downhill
DOES NOT INCLUDE SKI GEAR
Rentals offered through The Back Country at ASI discounted rate.
Dec 17, 2016 (Sat) |
Dec 18, 2016 (Sun)
Dec 31, 2016 (Sat)
Jan 7, 2017 (Sat)
Jan 14, 2017 (Sat - MLK Weekend)
Jan 21, 2017 (Sat)
Jan 28, 2017 (Sat)
Feb 4, 2017 (Sat)
Feb 18, 2017 (Sat - President's Weekend)
Feb 25, 2017 (Sat)
Mar 4, 2017 (Sat)
Mar 11, 2017 (Sat)
Mar 18, 2017 (Sat)
Mar 25, 2017 (Sat)
Apr 1, 2017 (Sat)
Apr 8, 2017 (Sat)
Apr 22, 2017 (Sat)
Very good physical condition. Strong intermediate/advanced alpine, snowboarding or telemark skiing skills at ski resorts. Previous skiing & riding in ungroomed snow conditions recommended. Please review the Ski Technical Difficulty rating link above.
Questions about this course?